50 gms soaked fenugreek (methi) seeds
250 ml milk
250 gms whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
200 gms ghee
200 gms sugar
50 gms crushed almonds (badam)
1 tbsp powdered edible gum (gaund)
1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
a pinch saffron (kesar) strands
- *Take a pan, dry roast the wheat flour over a slow flame while stirring continuously till it turns golden brown. Keep it aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the the fenugreek seeds and roast it over a slow flame while stirring continuously till it turns golden brown.
- Add the gum into it and roast till the spluttering stops.
- Add almonds and roasted wheat flour into it and mix well.
- Put off the flame and allow it to cool.
- Add the powdered sugar,cardamom powder and saffron to the roasted mixture and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 30 portions and shape each portion into round laddus using your hands.
- Store in an air-tight container.